Being diagnosed with a life threatening illness is not the end of the world. It is the beginning of a new chapter in your life, a chapter which Hospice can make better for you!
share the care
WHO WE ARE
Hospice is a life-enhancing support system, which promotes quality of life, dignity in death and support in bereavement, subscribing to the philosophy of Palliative Care which represents a special way of caring for patients where cure is no longer likely.
Vision: To ensure the best quality of life possible for patients and their families affected by the life threatening illnesses.
Mission: Camdeboo Hospice provides holistic palliative care to patients and their families affected by the life threatening illnesses, through home-based care, support and referrals to relevant partner organizations.
Camdeboo Hospice fills a gap in health services by providing a holistic home-based palliative care service to patients and their families living with life-limiting illnesses in our semi-rural Eastern Cape town Graaff-Reinet. The Nursing Services Manager travels each month to oversee the care of the patients and to monitor and support the staff based there.
WHAT WE DO
— Holistic Home-based Palliative Care
— Awareness / Outreach programs
— Community-based HIV Counselling and Testing Services (HTS)
— Identification of PLWHIV*
— Indentification and referrals of HIV high-risk individuals to prevention programs
— Indentification of TB patients
— Referrals to appropriate care facilities
— Follow-up on referrals
— I-Act Support Groups (Graaff-Reinet only)
— Adherence Clubs (Graaff-Reinet only)
SOURCE OF FUNDING
DONATE │ VOLUNTEER/MEMBERSHIP
* Board Members are registered members of Friends of Camdeboo Hospice and serve on the Governing Board as unpaid volunteers. They are the advisors and decision makers of our organisation. These ladies and gentlemen are also responsible for fundraising and sustainability.
* A team of Friends of Hospice volunteer their time on a roster basis to help at our weekly jumble sales.
Members of the community are invited to become “Friends of Hospice” by paying a minimal monthly fee and to support us in all our endeavours to serve terminally ill patients in 4 towns.
Friends of Hospice are entitled to serve on the Board and may, in turn, nominate community members to the Board.
Members are asked to help with all our fundraising efforts by promoting, buying and selling tickets for the events and donating and buying items to be sold at jumble and book sales.
support us and change the course of SOMEONE'S LIFE!
In order to make an offline donation we ask that you please follow these instructions:
- Make an EFT payable to “Camdeboo Hospice”
- In the reference line please note that it is a Donation
- Banking details: Camdeboo Hospice,Standard Bank of South Africa LtdBranch :
Graaff-Reinet : 050 116
Account Number : 082 511 403
Type of Account : Current
- Please mail donation payment proof if Section 18A certificate for financial donations are needed to: [email protected] | [email protected]
All contributions will be gratefully acknowledged and are tax deductible.